Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ultrasound apointment

Well the baby is continuing to grow, and is starting to be a little trouble maker. Baby would not pose for any of its pictures today. This picture is the best we could do. It's a profile of the baby lying on its back with its head and the top part of its body in view. The technician was able to do a bunch of the measurements she needed to do but not all of them, so I expect I will be getting called in to do another ultrasound in a few weeks.

The baby was moving around like crazy on the ultrasound today. kicking its feet and waving its arms. It put its hands over its face, just as the tech was able to get a front view of the face, and then we had a good full profile and just as she was about to snap the picture, baby rolled over.

The tech was able to show us the baby's kidneys, bladder, heart, upper lip, arms, legs, tail bone, spine, brain lobes and brain stem. She did not say that anything looked out of place or wrong, and they will get the results by tomorrow afternoon.

The heart beat at 150 beats per minute is exactly dead center of the range. it should be between 120-180. So baby is doing well.

Doctor also said that I'm doing very well with my weight. I gained 2 lbs this month but since I had lost two from my first appointment I'm back to my starting weight, so she is pleased with that.

We scheduled appointments through December, and they are listed on the side as well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you're doing great! That's awesome, Am. This is all very exciting. :)

Alana said...

Hooray for you and for baby! this is getting exciting, i agree!