Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Appointment Update

Not a good appointment today. I think the nurse was a complete putz and may have set a false alarm. She had to take my blood pressure 10 times on two different cuffs, and she said "she was having a hard time hearing it" so I think she could be wrong, but she told my Dr. that my blood pressure was really high. Because of this and my sister's history, there is some concern about the possibility of pre-eclampsia.

They tried to test my urine for protein, but I didn't give a big enough sample I guess, so I had to drink a bunch of water and give another sample. They also drew blood to test. As soon as I get a call about the blood and urine results I'll post another update. Probably in a day or two.

The doctor said that I have to start going to the Dr's every two weeks and that they are going to keep track of the baby's growth via ultrasound. If my blood pressure stays the same or goes down then life is good, but if it goes up or the urine/blood is bad, I might have to start going to the hospital in Boston every week for checkups. She mentioned the possibility of bed rest down the road.

I am going to start doing as much bed rest as I can now just to be on the safe side. I will come home and put my feet up and not do too much after work. During work I will try not to be on my feet all day.

Hopefully, I will go back in two weeks, they will take my blood pressure again and realize it's fine and the nurse was wrong. My sister mentioned too that Michael has a blood pressure cuff, so I will see if I can borrow it to keep track and make sure it isn't going up.

Good news is we get to see the baby again on ultrasound in two weeks and it's heart rate today was in the 150's.

No comments: