Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Class and Crib

The class for excercising was a lot of fun.  We will go back next week.  This week we are going into Boston on Friday to visit Daddy's work and to visit Grandma's work.   Next week we will be driving to Maine to visit Aunt Genny and Tommy's cousins.   

Tommy is also very excited because he is getting a crib tomorrow.  I've already washed all the linens and we just await the crib.  He won't be sleeping in it imediately, however (I didn't expect it to arrive so soon) because I was reading about SIDS today and it is most common in between 2-4 months and 38% more likely if the baby isn't sleeping in the room with his parents.  So he will need to be over 4 months old before I move him downstairs, and even then I may sleep in the bed down there with him for a little while, till he gets used to his crib.  

The good news is that SIDS (according to WebMD) is only 16% more likely to occur with babies that sleep in bed with parents but ONLY if those parents drink and/or smoke. Since we don't do either he's not in any additional danger being in bed with us.

I never should have read the stats. I never know if it's better to know or not know though. 

No comments: