Monday, July 14, 2008

Day Care

Well I started calling around to day cares today and asking them to send me info about their prices and programs. I know it seems early but because of the odd time of year that I want to enroll the baby, it will be very hard to get a position in a daycare if I don't register by September. I have 5 centers sending me their info by mail and 2 home care places that are supposed to email me.

I know the centers are more expensive but the first two years of a child's development are really important, and I know a center is going to play with the baby and stimulate it. I'm not so sure home care will be as involved with the baby. I think if I go with a home care place, I need to be really sure of them because I think it can be really hit or miss. (I imagine some woman letting the baby cry while she watches her soap operas or gabs on the phone, and I know that's mean and stereotypical, but I can't help worrying about it.)

I guess I will have to wait and see what kind of prices these places go for and what their programs offer. I should get a lot of this stuff by the end of the week...Once I do that I can take tours of their facilities.

No comments: