Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Birthing Classes
According to the literature now is the time to start signing up for birthing classes, because they fill up quickly. I don't know if I should set one up or not. My hospital is in Boston but I bet I could get a class closer to here. I asked Pete to look into it this week since he is off this week. We'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You should sign up for a class in Lowell if not in Boston. I highly recommend the 1 day class on Saturdays. They are right though, they fill up fast. It didn't cost too much and was worth it. You want to know your options. It is better if you do it at your own hospital where you will give birth. Not only will you get a tour of the hospital, but they will tell you exactly what you can and will get during your birth. Things like when and why they'd do a C-sec, use forcepts or a vacuume. Exactly what drugs are available to you and how they will help/effect you. If you can do a water birth. And what ammenities you will have before and after birth. Also at the very least they will give you some worthwhile instruction in how to deal with the pain and what to expect when you go into labor. This is especially important if you choose not to use drugs. And they will let you know who can be with you at the birth and so much more. I highly recommend it at least for your 1st child. Peter should go too. There is lots of info for the father.
Post a Comment