Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tommy's First Cold

Tommy's officially got a cold. I took him to the Dr. today and he does not have a fever but he's stuffy and coughing. I'm doing what I can for him (not terribly much I can do), but his little coughs are so sad, and he gets tears in his eyes when he coughs or sneezes.  He hasn't slept well that last three nights either because of his cold.  The Doctor said that I should just keep an eye that the cough doesn't move to his chest and that he is staying hydrated. 

At the Drs. today he weighed 15lbs 15.9oz (so he only gained 3 oz from last week) this may be a sign that he is leveling off. (it's also the first week in 2 months that he's had a BM every day of the week, he's usually once every 3 days, so that too may account for the lesser weight gain.)

I took Tommy to the daycare today since I will be going back to work Monday.  We dropped off a bunch of his stuff, and stayed for about an hour and a half to see how he managed there.  They are very excited to be getting a second boy in daycare.  I think he will do alright in there though his teacher is going on maternity leave herself 2 weeks after he starts, and I'm taking him out when summer starts.  It's a little caotic, but not as bad as my house was yesterday with Ender bella ben and tommy  so I guess that when all the baby's are mostly immoble it makes life a little easier.  Tommy has a bad habbit of sympathy crying so I am guessing that room is going to be loud sometimes if a few of the babies get upset. 

No comments: