Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Appointment Update 11/26/08

So I went to Brookline today and they did the stress test where they put LT on a heart monitor and ask me to count the movements. The Dr. said it was "BEAUTIFUL" so I'm guessing that is good. Every time LT was kicking me the heart rate was going up.

The ultrasound tech was very cold and she wouldn't talk to us and tell us what we were looking at, but she said there was lots of fluid around LT so that was good too. LT is estimated to weigh 4lbs 14oz (Yikes! it's getting big) She also wouldn't take a picture for me.

My blood pressure was better than it was last week but not great 120/80ish but no signs of pre-eclampsia so at this point it's still just hypertension (fluctuating blood pressure)

The down side is that the Dr. in Brookline now wants to see me EVERY week till LT is born. but I'm still supposed to go to the Dr. in Lexington too. (That's 2 apts a week) one driving into Boston. The good news is that if something is wrong I will be 3 blocks from the hospital. The bad news is they can't make appointments after 3pm and I work till 2pm. If they don't want me to be stressed, they shouldn't make me go to two appointments a week for the next 8 weeks where I either need to ask my boss to repeatedly leave work early or else I have to haul ass to get to the appointment on time in Boston. I'm going to call my Dr. on Monday and ask her to talk to the Brookline Dr. I'll go to one or the other but it seems redundant to see both.

There isn't anything that is really wrong; they are just being REALLY cautious, which I know is a good thing but it's a little aggravating too.

No comments: